The winners of CISCO’s 2018 Scholarship Program were recently chosen by CISCO’s Board of Directors, and will be formally recognized and honored during CISCO’s Annual Luncheon on May 4, 2018.
An independent review of the 64 scholarship applications was conducted and the names of the winners were certified and contacted. The entries received were in two categories – 1) four-year scholarships ($2,000/year) to high school seniors, and 2) two-year awards ($1,000/year) for seniors planning to attend community college.
Eligible students were the sons and daughters of either building trade union members or union contractor employees. A total of 5 winners were chosen – three for the 4-year scholarships and two for the 2-year awards.
Four-year scholarship winners:
1) Alexia Kubas – Lincoln-Way East High School – Alexia’s father is employed by Larmco Masonry in Lynwood, Illinois, and is a member of BAC Local 21.
2) John “Jack” Bibbiano – Stagg High School – John’s father is a member of IBEW Local 134; and
3) Sophia Lopez – Whitney Young High School – Sophia’s father is a member of the Carpenters Local 13.
Two-year scholarship winners:
1) Gabrielle McDermott – Tri-Point High School – Gabrielle’s father is a member of IUOE Local 150 Operating Engineers; and
2) Christian Sifuentes – Waubonsie Valley High School – Christian’s father is a member of the Sprinkler Fitters, Local 281.