Scholarship Winners For 2021 Announced
The winners of CISCO’s 2021 Scholarship Program were recently chosen via independent evaluation, and the students will be formally recognized and honored during CISCO’s Annual Luncheon, which has been tentatively scheduled for July.
1) Bianca Arriaga – Latin School of Chicago; Parent – Roofers & Waterproofers Local 11.
2) Braiya Nolan – Williams Bay HS; Parent – Carpenters Local 1027.
3) Olivia Gardner – Plainfield North HS; Parent – Gibson Electric/Electrical Contractors’ Association of Chicago.
4) Kyle Strite – Oregon HS; Parent – Local Union 792/Concrete Systems, Inc.
5) Isabelle Schroedle – Joliet Catholic Academy; Parent – Carpenters Local 10.
6) Michael Chiaramonte – Elmhurst University; Affiliation – McWilliams Electric Company, Inc.
7) Michael Repel – City Colleges of Chicago, Kennedy King College; Affiliation – LiUNA – Laborers Local 1092.
CISCO Announces Scholarship Program Underway for 2021 Awards
CISCO has begun to accept applications for its long-standing Annual Scholarship Awards Program. Applications for for this program are available by clicking on one of the three types of scholarship awards below.
The three scholarship program categories are: 1) Four-year college scholarships for high school seniors; 2) Two-year awards for seniors planning on attending a community college; and 3) Two-year continuing education awards to union members or contractor employees.
For more information or questions, call CISCO at (630) 472-9411.
CISCO Announces 2020 Scholarship Award Winners
During these days of uncertainty, it is heartwarming to communicate some good news.
The winners of CISCO’s 2020 Scholarship Program were recently chosen via independent evaluation, and the students will be formally recognized and honored during CISCO’s Annual Luncheon, which has yet to be rescheduled due to the coronavirus shelter-in-place that now has been extended to April 30, 2020.
An independent review of dozens of entries was conducted and the winners were certified and contacted. Eligible students were the sons and daughters of either building trade union members or union contractor employees. A total of five (5) winners were chosen: Three in the 4-year category, two in the 2-year community college category.
Four-year scholarship winners:
1) Nikolina Vujcic – Maine West HS; Father is member of Carpenters Local 54
2) Theresa LoGiudice – Fenwick HS; Father is member of IBEW Local 134
3) Joshua Thompson – Plainfield South HS – Father is member of Operating Engineers Local 150
Two-year scholarship winners:
4) MaKayla Kempf – Crystal Lake Central HS; Father is member of Pipefitters Local 597.
5) Monserrat Chavez – West Leyden HS; Father is member of International Association of Machinist & Aerospace Workers.
2019 Winners Recognized at CISCO Annual Luncheon
From left: Dan Allen, CISCO Executive Director, Maurice King, CISCO Board President, Lourdes Alvarez, Rhea Rashad, Emilee Klemm, Governor JB Pritzker, Joe Perri, Kaitlyn Moore and Andrea Feary. (Not pictured, Casey Woods.)
Four-year scholarship winners:
1) Kaitlyn Moore – Grayslake North HS – Her father is a member of IBEW Local 134
2) Emilee Klemm – St. Charles North HS – Her father is a member of Laborers’ Local 68
3) Lourdes Alvarez – York HS – Her father is a member of Laborers’ Local 582
Two-year Community College scholarship winners:
4) Casey Woods – Marian Catholic HS – Her father is a member of Carpenters Local 54, employed by F.H. Paschen.
5) Andrea Feary – Milledgeville HS – Her father is a member of Roofers & Waterproofers Local 11, employed by Sterling Commercial Roofing.
Two-year Continuing Education scholarship winners:
6) Rhea Rashad – Currently attending Rowan University; Construction Management major. Rhea is employed with The Levy Co. in Northbrook.
7) Joseph Perri – Currently enrolled at the College of DuPage; Construction Management major. Joe is employed by the Village of Roselle Public Works, member of Operating Engineers Local 150.